To be eligible as an Associate Member, a cooperative, an individual or business entity must be:
- Citizen or Non-Citizen who is eligible to do business in Malaysia;
- Contributes shares in the Cooperative Associate Members’ fund for a minimum of RM50,000, with an aggregate amount of RM10,000 for each addition and withdrawal, for each associate membership;
- Produces a Letter of Undertaking to the Cooperative regarding the rights as an Associate Member as well as the liability as an Associate Member;
- Has not been convicted for a registrable offence of which is still in force, or has been removed from the membership of any cooperative within one year;
- Agrees with the Cooperative that the shareholding contribution should be placed in the Cooperative and shall remain at least for a period of 2 years from the admission date of their associate membership.
In order to become a KAPB member, you MUST
- be a Malaysian;
- be a Muslim;
- attained the age of 18 years old;
- not be mentally disabled;
- not be an undischarged bankrupt;
- not be a person whom conviction stands for a register-able offence; and
- not been expelled from membership under this Act and a period of one (1) year has not elapsed from the date of such expulsion.